Summer Background

Friday, August 5, 2011

Westward Ho!

For those of you who have been following my blog, and know me, I have to tell you that I moved West.  I left Kansas and moved to Utah.  Other than finally finding a full-time job after looking for three years, I'm not sure why the Lord wants me in Utah.  I found a job with Ancestry.com, the genealogy website.  I'm a project lead helping put together the databases that are offered online.

I miss my friends in Kansas/Missouri, especially those in the 70th Explorers/149th War Wolves.  Wish I could come back and troop with you.  I really miss my friends from the Stanley Ward, and wish I could transplant all of you here in Utah.

However, I am now a member of the Alpine Garrison here in Salt Lake City.  I am currently living in Sandy, but may move to Utah County (trying not to think about that) because the commute is killing me.

On another note, I just read my sister's blog about my Dad and holidays.

4th of July Remembrances

Which made me cry (at work no less) and laugh remembering the cars screeching to a halt because they ignored the "Road Closed" signs and found their way blocked by fireworks.

Caprice, the game you can't remember is the card game Waterworks.

And all I can say in remembrance is also:

Dad, I love you and I miss you more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment